Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Saving $100's of Dollars on Wall Photos

Flipping thru a Pottery Barn magazine one day I found six gold frames lined up on a wall over a bed.  The frames held black and white photographs of old Paris.  The price tag was well over $500 for the set of six.  A short time later I was walking thru a Big Lots store when I found six gold frames, already matted with a double opening and gold trim for only $10 each.  I purchased them even though I hadn't figured out how I was going to duplicate the Paris photographs.  I put them in the closet for several months until I stumbled across the year end clearance sale on calendars at Barnes & Noble.  Right there in front of me was a black and white calendar with pictures of Old Paris.  I purchased it for only a few dollars and upon returning home I started cutting and framing the most interesting parts of the pictures.  For under $70 I had almost an exact replica of the Pottery Barn items.  The frames have moved around the room until they finally landed above the headboard..as was depicted in the original picture I had cut out of the Pottery Barn catalog.  I no longer have the Pottery Barn photo and they do not carry it on their website anymore...but here is my version (see the previous blogs on bedding for a farther away look at the six frames).


No comments:

Post a Comment